Thursday 31 December 2009

On the Eve of 2010

Well, seeing as this blog is mainly for me and my own enjoyment, I allowed myself to "hand in" this assignment late. A few days ago (cough cough), just because I wanted to, I made myself some James Creek Farm Ratatouille for dinner. This recipe has a lot of my favourite things: Eggplant, fresh tomatoes, oregano... yum all around.

Except that I found a worm in my eggplant while I was chopping it. EEEEP!!!!

That was quite a shock, I must say. After I was done very cautiously getting rid of the parts of eggplant that had been bitten through, I continued cooking. Everything went seamlessly. When it was all done, I felt like it was a bit sour for my taste, so I added about half a teaspoon of sugar. A bit unorthodox, maybe, but it actually made it taste very good! It lasted me 4 nights. I ate it with cubes of cheese a couple of nights, and with pasta another night. Very good indeed.

Why didn't I cook the pizza with my cousin the other day? Well, everything was going according to plan until there was a storm and a lightning bolt busted the transformer that brought electricity to my cousin's street. We were in the dark for 5 hours. By the time the electricity came back (or, should I say, the electricity company decided to send its team to fix the problem...) we were in no mood. Yay Costa Rican efficiency.

Happy New Year to all! Good eats and good living.

No comments:

Post a Comment